When the temp starts to drop, soup becomes the star it deserves to be, like the following Diary-approved lentil soup that’s as good for you as it is tasting. Even better: whipping up a batch is way easy and a waaaayyyy superior choice for the next Netflix binge than bod-destroying bad carbs … What are you waiting for? Get souping Social Gals and Gents!!
- 2 cups orange lentils
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 small potato
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 lemon wedge
- Other vegetables of choice, ie cauliflower, zucchini, red pepper, broccoli, etc
- Vegetable seasoning (we love Kucharek Universal vegetable Seasoning from Adonis)
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. butter
- Pepper to taste
- Place two tbsp. of vegetable seasoning in one cup of cool water. Let stand.
- In a large skillet or pan, add the virgin olive oil and butter, followed by the onion and garlic.
- Leave to sweat for approximately 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Next, toss in all the veggies, sliced into nice chunks.
- Pour in 2 liters of water.
- Rinse lentils and add to mix.
- Throw in black pepper and turmeric.
- Finally, top off with the secret ingredient: the vegetable seasoning!
- Cover and let cook for approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Top off with squeeze of lemon.