Yes, Social Gals and Gents, it can be a jungle out there in skincare world, with each day bringing with it a seemingly endless stream of new ads and endorsements for miracle regimens, creams, ingredients. Which to use? In what order?!
Even wonkier: Some of the simple things you do every day without thinking, can be sabotaging your skincare.
The good news: Diary has your back, thanks to the following five daily regimen faux-pas:
1. DITCH THE BOTTLES: While no one’s doubting how hydrating water consumption is for the skin, restoring much-needed moisture from within, most (sadly) are wholly unaware of the very negative repercussions of drinking directly from a bottle. Believe it or not, that simple act we all indulge on a regular basis can be a major contributor to the formation of wrinkles around the mouth. Yeah those lovely lines. So the next time you’re looking to H20, be sure to do so from a glass.
2. SLATHER SUNSCREEN EVERYWHERE: Sure, wearing sunscreen on the face is a great start towards combatting aging and maintaining youthful, healthy skin, but that’s not the only part of the bod exposed to the sun’s harmful, damaging rays. The rest of you is equally susceptible to harm. The solution: Go for full-on SPF application every AM. Longterm, your temple will thank you! Bonus: Skin will be uniformly hued with no annoying darker and lighter zones.
3. LOVE THE LUKE: Of course, we all love to linger in hot, steamy showers, especially when temperatures drop. However, the deal is lingering too long in such conditions rids the skin of vital natural oils, causing dry, itchy sitches. While admittedly not as gratifying, lukewarm water is much kinder to skin, as is keeping spray time shorter.
4. SLOW THE EXFOLIATE RATE: Ahhh, the joys of sloughing off dead skin cells to reveal newer, healthier, fresher skin beneath! But even exfoliation can be a no-no if done to excess. Try to keep the urge to slough to a minimum, stopping at once to twice a week, max.
5. CATCH THE ZZZs: Finally, don’t skimp on nature’s greatest skin refresher: sleep! Despite increasingly busy and hectic schedules, causing many to give in to the temptation to maximize precious time by sacrificing sleep, in the end, productivity will not be optimized, and your skin will be seriously affected, deprived of all that key cell-rebuilding and replenishing.
So there ya have em loves, 5 simple things to keep in mind that will make some sizeable skin impacts in the future. Hey gorgeous you! 😉