In a digital age where one of our fave companions has become a smart phone and social media assumes such a pivotal role in daily life, it’s no suprise that both are also so “omni-present in our travel plans.
For your infotainment, some fascinating facts on points, courtesy of Booking.com, who recently surveyed over 21,500 global travellers:
- Over a third (34%) of Canadian travellers say taking photos for social media is what they look forward to the most when going on vacation.
- Almost half of Canadian travellers say looking good while on vacation is important (46%).
- Rather than dressing to impress our travel companions, 39% of travellers want to look their best for vacation photos that will be posted on social media – especially for generation Z (46%) and millennials (57%).
- 45% of millennials pack with social media in mind, knowing people will take photos of them on vacation.
- Given the impact social media has when it comes to travel and style, it’s no surprise that 34 % of Canadian travellers say social media influencers inspire our vacation outfits as well as friends (79%) and family (69%).
Yeah, pretty crazeeee. Hmmmm ….. Life as we know it in 2018 … But, maybe remember to live some of those moments too … rather than just record and curate them.