Who knew that when you were “being bad” noshing on all that creamy guacamole, paired with a definitely not acceptable mountain of tortilla chips, that the guac had so much promise when consumed in healthful amounts, and as part of an overall healthy lifestyle?
Yup. Guac rocks.
Contrary to popular belief, their star performer, avocado, is actually awesome for weight loss and weight management. That’s because all those heart-healthy monounsaturated fats are so easily burned for energy, not to mention the fruit’s low fructose content.
The little green fruits also replenish close to 20 essential health-boosting nutrients, including:
- Vitamin E
- Folic acid
- Potassium (more than twice that found in bananas)
To Maximize benefits:
- Cut the avocado length-wise, around the seed.
- Holding each half, twist them in opposite directions to separate from seed.
- Remove seed.
- Cut each half, lengthwise.
- Use thumb and index finger to peel skin off each piece.
How to consume more avocado
- Make avocado chunks a staple in all salads.
- Toss a few pieces into morning smoothies.
- Use Avocado oil when making dressings and, as an excellent substitute for other oils when cooking.
- Keep loving that guac! 😉