It’s my birthday and I’ll eat cake if I want to … especially if it’s my personal flave (yes flave): OREO CHEESECAKE.
For years, it’s been a family tradition to rock cheesecake for our big B-day celebrations (call it a Greek thing) and while other family members have embraced enticing varieties including Rocky Road (uncle) and Brownie (go mom!), for me, it’s always been about the Oreo dream.
I mean really, what could be better than the cheesecake version of such a spectacular childhood dessert?
Heck, don’t take my word for it, make it the star of your next birthday bash, Social Gals and Gents … and thank me later. 😉
- 24 OREO Cookies, crushed and divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 250 gram packages PHILADELPHIA Brick Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 16 cookies in a resealable plastic bag.
- Flatten bag before sealing to remove excess air.
- Crush cookies in bag with a rolling pin.
- Place in a bowl.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until blended before adding the next.
- Chop or crush remaining eight cookies.
- Gently add half into the cream cheese batter.
- Pour over the prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chopped cookies.
- Bake for 45 min.
- Refrigerate for three hours.
- Divide into 12 pieces.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator