YES, INSPIRED BY CURRENT TROPICAL ADVENTURES!
There’s just something indescribably fabulous and escape-chic about sipping a tropical concoction, pool- or-beach-side, while on vacay. Which yes, was the inspiration for today’s Mint Mojito recipe, brought to you by my fave bartender in the Dominican. Hope it strikes as much in you superstars as it did in me …
- 2 parts Bacardi Carta Blanca
- ½ fresh lime
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- One wedged lemon
- 2 heaped bar spoons of caster sugar
- Dash of soda water
- Cubed ice
- Crushed ice
- Sprig of Fresh Mint (for garnish)
- Initiate festivities by placing the four lime wedges in a long glass.
- Then add sugar and use a muddler (or rolling pin) to combine everything together to release the lime juice.
- Next, grab the mint leaves in one hand and clap. Nope, not a typo! The clap acts to bruise leaves, thereby releasing the must-have minty aroma, as you rub them into the rim, and drop in the glass.
- Now, return to the muddler (rolling pin, or bar spoon) to nudge the mint down into the lime juice, before filling the glass half-full with crushed ice and pouring in the Bacardi Carta Blanca.
- Finally, stir all together until the sugar dissolves, top with more crushed ice, add a splash of soda water, and finish with the lemon wedges and mint garnish.
Then, get ready to enjoy your best Mojito ever Social Gals and Gents …. just as good on the home-front as it is overlooking the stunning ocean view. Well, almost. 😉