Despite the Indian summer that has been bedazzling of late, Fall does officially fall into our soon to-be-bundled-up laps tomorrow. And so, for today’s Diary Drink Of The Week, it’s all about a martini that will pump up the comfort with equal parts sweetness and spice. Now doesn’t that have a nice ring to it?! Bring it Fall!
SALTED CARAMEL APPLE MARTINI
- 2 ounces caramel infused vodka
- 3 ounces apple cider
- Salted caramel dessert topping of choice
- Kosher salt
- Begin the adventure in sweet & spice by filling each martini glass with cold water and ice cubes.
- Spoon a sufficient dollop of caramel onto a plate, for purposes of rimming the glass (ahem, glasses, why drink fabulousness alone?!).
- Add the same amount of kosher salt to a second plate.
- Next, toss the water from each glass before drizzling caramel down the inside.
- Coat rims with caramel and dip lightly in kosher salt.
- Add ice, cider and vodka to every martini’s bestie; the cocktail shaker.
- Pull a fifties style maneuver and shake shake, shake!
Finally, pour the cocktail perfection into each glass, knowing that each sip will make kissing summer goodbye increasingly more bearable! 😉